FVDS Awards 2020
Forth Valley Disability Sport successfully held their Annual General Meeting and Awards virtually over Zoom on Monday 22nd February 2021. The event was a triumph with over 45 in attendance including local, regional and national partners, sportscotland reps, Local Authority and SGB leads, clubs and volunteers. The purpose of the award ceremony this year was to acknowledge the hard work and dedication of our athletes, coaches and volunteers in the surreal year of 2020.
Angus Whyte FVDS Chair Person welcomed all the guests and conducted the AGM, Eva Finlayson presented 2020 highlights for FVDS and the GOGA (Get Out Get Active) project. Lizzie Jackson (a local FVDS athlete) delivered an inspirational speech ‘An Athlete Lockdown Story’ which was greatly received. Finishing the evening was Graham Harvey FVDS Branch Coordinator presenting the awards, highlighting the achievements of each award winners across the nine (closely contested) categories.
This years’ Award winners included:
- Lockdown Legend: Caitlyn Ross
- Coach of the Year: Graham Harvey
- The Blair Forbes Junior Sports Person of the Year: Erin McDougall
- Senior Sports Person of the Year: Meggan Dawson Farrell
- Volunteer of the Year: Lyn Dumbleton
- GOGA Participant of the Year: Shirley Black
- Achievement Award: Lizzie Jackson
- Triumph Over Adversity Award: Craig Townsend
- Service to Sport The David Lawrie Award: Angus Whyte
The evening was hailed a great success by coaches, athletes, volunteers and partners alike. Graham Harvey FVDS Branch Coordinator said “Last year has been difficult and challenging for everyone. The nominee’s enthusiasm and hard work had paid off. The winners greatly deserved their awards. A special thank you to our speaker Lizzie Jackson for her inspirational words “An Athletes Lockdown Story”.
Many thanks once again to our members and partners that attended the Virtual AGM and Awards FVDS looks forward to working with you all throughout the rest of 2021 and beyond.